PomeGuard 60 capsules - pomegranate extract | discontinued
Jarrow Formulas PomeGuard derived from 100% California Pomegranates, contains a wide range of polyphenolic compounds including ellagic acid, anthocyanins and ellagitannins.
PomeGuard is the only supplement to combine benefits from the juice, seed, and peel in a single capsule. A complete spectrum of pomegranate phytonutrients maximizes the fruit’s synergistic properties.
who can benefit from PomeGuard?
PomeGuard is designed for those who have heard about the recently elucidated benefits of the entire pomegranate plant. Provides much more than the subset of nutrients of pomegranate juice alone.
how does each ingredient function in PomeGuard?
• peel is more concentrated in antioxidants than the fruit or juice alone.
• leaves may possess appetite suppressant activity
• seeds are valued for its beneficial fatty acid content and in promoting healthy skin
• juice contains vitamin C, A, E, and folic acid. It has excellent antioxidant properties, protecting from free radical damage
what distinguishes PomeGuard?
• the only pomegranate product that offers the complete spectrum of beneficial pomegranate phytonutrients from all parts of the pomegranate (seeds, fruit, and skin).
• contains only pomegranate fruit extract from 100% California Pomegranates - NO synthetic ellagic acid
• supports cardiovascular function
• reduces oxidative damage by free radicals
• supports healthy cell replication and function
• more potent antioxidant than fresh pomegranate juice
Patented production techology yields the ultimate pomegranate supplement
PomeGuard from Jarrow Formulas represents a new standard in antioxidant supplements. PomeGuard is the only supplement to combine beneficial elements from the whole fruit, including the juice, seed and peel in a single capsule. Clinical studies have linked pomegranates to cardiovascular health and uncovered several groundbreaking discoveries about the fruit’s synergistic properties. This research led to PomeGuard, a product which offers the complete spectrum of beneficial pomegranate phytonutrients.
Historical uses of the pomegranate
The use of pomegranates for healing dates back to Biblical times.
Healers in many aboriginal cultures still employ the bark, leaves, peel, juice and seeds to treat many health conditions. This knowledge was brought back to Europe in the Medieval and Renaissance periods. The British Medical Association and the Royal College of Physicians of London feature the pomegranate in their coats of arms. However, this fruit has been overlooked by modern Western medicine until very recently.
Pomegranate juice is higher than tea and red wine in antioxidant activity. Indeed, in Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) testing, a standard for antioxidant capacity, fresh pomegranate fruit and juice preparations also surpassed the antioxidant activities of cranberry, blueberry and grape juices, all of which have been touted for their free radical scavenging properties. PomeGuard’s mixture of juice, peel and membrane plus seed also contains approximately 20% pure pomegranate seed lignins. Lignins complement phenolic antioxidants (e.g., ellagic and gallic acids), by scavenging oxygen and nitric oxide free radicals.
There is a great diversity to antioxidant action, with hundreds of different compounds acting on different types of free radicals. Nature’s answer is to maintain broad-spectrum protection. Thus, in plants, phenolic antioxidants typically are associated with lignins.
The superiority of antioxidant mixtures to single antioxidants is well known. In a series of studies, the antioxidant power of pure antioxidants was compared to
(a) the antioxidant or cardioprotective action of complex tannins like punicalagin,
(b) mixtures of punicalagin and other pomegranate tannins, and
(c) whole pomegranate juice.
Though punicalagin was more potent than the other single compound, the tannin mixtures were more potent than any single compound, and the whole pomegranate juice was more potent than the tannin mixture.
Studies and benefits
Pomegranate juice and other fractions are known to provide numerous benefits:
• supports healthy low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) oxidation status
• enhances glutathione action, the primary antioxidant and heavy metal protector inside cells
• help maintain healthy blood platelet activity
• promotes healthy levels of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), an enzyme involved in blood pressure regulation
• supports normal cell function and replication
• induces apoptosis (programmed death)
• stimulates collagen synthesis and supports healthy cartilage life
Clinical trials with pomegranate juice at several institutions have shown significant favorable results in support of prostate, blood sugar, blood pressure, heart and arterial health and function.
Take 1 capsule 1 or 2 times per day after meals or as directed by your qualified health care consultant
contains per daily serving (1 capsule)
pomegranate extract from fruit (Punica granatum) 500mg †
† = Recommended Daily Intake not established
active ingredient (pomegranate extract), filler (magnesium stearate from palm oil), anticoagulant (silicon dioxide), capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)
store in a cool, dry place
keep away from young children
If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans