The Best Supplements for Your Health by Goldberg etal is a small comprehensive encyclopedia on dietary supplements, written by 2 pharmacists and a doctor with years of knowledge and experience in this field. They will bring you up-to-date with the vast amount of currently available supplements, frequently with an enormous amount of exaggarated misinformation and a lack of serious scientific background.
This originally American book consists of 2 parts and 6 chapters
Part 1: how to choose and use supplements
Ch1: why take supplements?
- reasons for taking supplements
- are supplements really necessary?
- why not just eat right?
Ch2: how to choose the right supplement
- chosing the right type
- considering your unique health requirements
- choosing which brand to purchase
- putting it all together
Ch3: how to use supplements
- when to take supplements
- how often to take supplements
- storing supplements
- storing oils and probiotic supplements
- side effects, interactions and toxicity
- subtle misinformation
- when not to take supplements
Ch4: too good to be true?
- what a deal! or is it ?
- something to hide?
- multilevel marketing or pyramid schemes
- radio informercials
- grow your vitamins?
- what's that smell?
- why does it fizz?
- just the facts, please!
- unregulated dieatary supplements and hidden ingredients
Part 2: a supplement encyclopedia
Ch5: individual nutrients and herbs
Ch6: combination remedies
Appendix A: vitamins: historical comparison of RDIs, RDAs, and DRIs, 1968 to present
Appendix B: minerals: historical comparison of RDIs, RDAs, and DRIs, 1968 to present
Appendix C: resource list