Prostate Optimizer 90 softgels - saw palmetto, vitamin D3, lycopene, pollen extract, stinging nettle and boswellia | Jarrow Formulas
Jarrow Formulas Prostate Optimizer is a prostate support formula that contains vitamin D3, lycopene, stinging nettle, Saw Palmetto, Pollen Extract, as well as the prostaglandin precursors EPA and DHA and Boswellia extract.
what distinguishes Prostate Optimizer?
• prostate support formula (vitamin D3, lycopene, stinging nettle & SDG lignans) in softgels
• clinically studied Saw Palmetto extract (85-95% fatty acids and sterols)
• 250 mg clinically tested pollen extract, promoting urinal flow
• includes EPA/DHA: prostaglandin precursors
how does each active ingredient function in in Prostate Optimizer?
• Vitamin D3 is essential for healthy prostate cell replication.
• Lycopene is a potent serum antioxidant carotenoid that also concentrates in prostate tissue. (Clinically tested Lyc-O-Mato natural extract) and limits undesired cell division
• Saw Palmetto Berry Extract with clinically tested ß-sitosterol. which works as a precursor of testerone, which limits prostate growth
• the essential omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which are precursors to prostaglandins that are import to control inflammation.
• Pollen Extract contains various water and fat soluble components from plant pollen and is identical to the form utilized in clinical trials to improve bladder function and urinary flow. (Clinically tested)
• AprèsFLEX® Boswellia serrata extract supports healthy inflammatory response and cell division and exhibits greater than 50% better bioavailability than regular boswellia extracts.
• Saw Palmetto Berry Extract, Cernitin® Pollen Extract and Stinging Nettle Extract support bladder function and urinary flow.
Prostate Optimizer supports healthy prostate function and urinary flow and healthy cell replication.
The prostate is an exocrine gland that is part of the male reproductive system. Anatomically, it is positioned beneath the bladder and surrounds the urethra. A normal prostate is roughly the size of a walnut, but with age the prostate tends to enlarge as a result of common hormonal changes. When this occurs, the prostate can exert pressure on the bladder and constrict the urethra leading to changes in urinary patterns and urges. This can be disconcerting and disruptive, especially as it interrupts sleep and daily life. A number of nutritional approaches to supporting a healthy prostate are utilized in Jarrow Formulas Prostate Optimizer®
Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (Sabalselect®)
Saw palmetto berry extracts, particularly Sabalselect®, have been shown to impact prostatic tissue growth. Evidence suggests that saw palmetto inhibits nuclear estrogen receptor activity, cyclooxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase pathways, and 5-α-reductase production. In clinical studies, supplementation of Sabalselect (320mg/day) led to significant improvements on the International Prostate Symptom Score (I-PSS), Quality of Life Score (QoL), urinary flow rates, residual urinary volume, and prostate size.
Pollen Extract (Cernitin®)
Cernitin is a registered pollen extract (Cernilton, Tobishi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.) made from 8 kinds of pollen that has been evaluated in US, European, and Japanese clinical studies. Cernitin is known to exhibit a number of biochemical effects, including on anti-congestive and inflammatory pathways. Human and animal studies have shown that the pollen extract can modulate prostate cell growth, regulate the metabolism of dihydrotestosterone, and enhance contractility of bladder and urethral smooth muscle.
Stinging Nettle Root Extract
Stinging nettle root has been historically used as a diuretic and in the maintenance of healthy prostate function. Similar to saw palmetto berry extract, stinging nettle root extract has been shown to enhance bladder function and urinary flow.
Boswellia Extract (AprèsFLEX®)
Boswellia species are best known for impacting joint health due to triterpenoid constituents found in the plant resin, that modulate inflammatory pathways. This same fundamental activity also plays a role in prostate health via androgen receptor signaling. Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA) has been studied for its effects on cell growth cycles and vascularization in prostate cells. AprèsFLEX® exhibits 50% greater bioavailability than standard Boswellia extracts.
Sterols found in plants are known to have a number of precursor and signaling functions in the human body. β-sitosterol, for example, is utilized in Europe as a primary herbal ingredient for managing the non-malignant, age-associated enlargement of the prostate that commonly leads to urination issues. β-sitosterol is found widely in the plant kingdom in species such as saw palmetto, avocado, pumpkin seed, Nigella sativa, and Pygeum africanum.
A positive link between vitamin D3 and prostate health has been well-documented in many clinical and pre-clinical studies. Vitamin D receptors are highly expressed in the epithelial cells of human prostatic tissues, and in vitro and in vivo studies suggest that vitamin D is an important regulator of prostate cell growth and differentiation.
Essential omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil, including EPA and DHA, have been shown to replace pro-inflammatory omega-6 derived eicosanoids with less pro-inflammatory series-1 and -3 prostanoids, stimulating a more balanced inflammatory state and cellular protection in biological systems.
Lycopene is a natural carotenoid pigment that is found concentrated in prostate tissue. Oral supplementation of lycopene has been shown to significantly increase lycopene concentrations in the prostate. A clinical study has shown that daily supplementation of 15 mg Lyc-O-Mato® for 3 weeks significantly helped restore and maintain healthy cell function and proliferation in the prostate.
Jarrow Formulas Prostate Optimizer® contains a combination of clinically tested botanical extracts and nutrients that provides comprehensive and balanced support for the prostate.
- gelatin softgels
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- men 50+
- any 2+ = -2.5%!
- any 3+ = -5%!
- any 4+ = -7.5%!
- any 5+ = -10%!
- any 6+ = -12.5%!
- any 7+ = -15%!
- any 9+ = -20%!
- any 12+ = -25%!
- pre-order now!
- €0 (NL) - €2,50+ (EU) - €10+ (world)
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
Take 3 softgels per day with food or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
contains per daily serving (3 softgels)
vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 16mcg/ 600iu (75% RDI)
fish oil (molecular distilled) 600mg †
- EPA 330mg †
- DHA 18mg †
flower pollen extract (Graminex® from Secale cereal L.) 320mg †
saw palmetto berry extract (Serenoa repens) 320 mg †
- 85-95% fatty acids and sterols
stinging nettle root extact (Urtica dioca) 100mg †
phytosterols (Vegapure) (100mg beta-sitosterol) 100mg †
AprèsFLEX (Boswellia serrata extract) resin 80mg †
lycopene (Lyc-O-Mato GMO-free tomato extract) 10mg †
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
† = RDI not established
active ingredients (plant extracts, fish oil, cholecalciferol), filler (beeswax), emulsifier (non-GMO sunflower lecithin) antioxidants (ascorbyl palmitate, mixed tocopherols), capsule (BSE-free bovine gelatin, glycerine and purified water), light barrier (carob and caramel)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature ((15-22°C).
keep out of each of young children
NOTE: This product is intended for use by adult males only. If you have a medical condition or taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
contains fish oil (anchovy, sardine)
contains no other familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts, celery, mutard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, shellfish or mollusks)
contains fish and gelatin