Neuro Optimizer 60 capsules - citicoline, phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylcholine, acetyl-L-carnitine, taurine | Jarrow Formulas
Jarrow Formulas Neuro Optimizer 60 capsules contains seven nutrients (citicoline, phosphatidylserine, alpha lipoic acid, acetyl L-carnitine, L-glutamine, taurine and phosphatidylcholine) to build and protect nerve membranes, prevent free radical damage, enhance brain metabolism and provide stable energy.
who can benefit from Neuro Optimizer?
Neuro Optimizer is for mature individuals who are concerned about their mental and emotional health. Given that cognition and memory begin to decline decades before maturity, Neuro Optimizer may also serve younger people, especially those with a family history of cognitive problems.
what distinguishes Neuro Optimizer?
• the most comprehensive and synergistic combination for brain health
• addresses all the problem areas that lead to age-related cognitive decline
• precursors for several key neurotransmitters
how do the active ingredients function in Neuro Optimizer?
• CDP choline (citicoline) is a building block for neurotransmitters that improve cognitive function as it is the essential intermediate for the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine, a major constituent of the gray matter of brain tissue (30%).
• phosphatidylcholine (PC) is a membrane lipid and precursor for acetylcholine
• phosphatidylserine (PS) is a membrane lipid shown to prevent cognitive decline, because it suppoorts the brain's physiological processing of sress and promotes neuronal communication by its effect on cell membrane fluidity.
• taurine is a multifaceted sulfur compound that improves nerve cell function by aiding in osmoregulation (maintenance of proper concentrations of ions) inside the cell
• alpha lipoic acid is a membrane antioxidant that promotes energy production
• acetyl-L-carnitine is a mitochondrial antioxidant that promotes energy production, especially fatty acid metabolism
• glutamine is a precursor to GABA and to glycogen for immediate energy needs
Neuro-Optimizer is a safe, natural way to enhance brain metabolism and cognition without the use of stimulants.
Preventing age-related mental decline
Mental and emotional functioning relies on chemical messengers called neurotransmitters that promote communication between nerve cells. The key neurotransmitters include serotonin, acetylcholine, norepinephrine and dopamine. While both drugs (e.g., antidepressants) and nutrients can modulate neurotransmitter levels, boosting them naturally is preferable, since it avoids negative side effects. Providing basic building blocks is a more practical and inclusive method for improving mood.
Optimizing cognition and preventing cognitive decline are best accomplished when all performance problems are addressed. The brain is poorly capable of self-repair, so it must be protected from free radical damage. It is also energy demanding, and requires stable sources of energy. The brain’s constant “switching” and “signalling” depend upon regulation of neuronal membrane excitability and osmolarity (cell pressure).
CDP choline and phosphatidylcholine (PC)
CDP choline (cytidine 5’-diphosphocholine or citicoline) donates choline for phosphatidylcholine synthesis, to form the neurotransmitter actetylcholine. CDP choline activates brain mitochondrial and Na+/K+ ATPases to improve blood flow and neuroimmune responses. CDP choline has been tested in clinical trials for memory and cognition as well as for recovery from injury, stroke and cerebrovascular disease.
CDP Choline is well absorbed and bioavailable when given orally. It is then reduced to its component parts (cytidine and choline), which are incorporated into membranes and microsomes in the central nervous system. Administration of CDP Choline in animals increases phosphatidylcholine, noradrenaline, acetylcholine and dopamine levels. Enhanced phospholipid biosynthesis increases cerebral metabolism and neurotransmitter activity. Neuro Optimizer also includes preformed phosphatidylcholine to promote these effects.
PS is another important phospholipid, which is the principal component of cell membranes. Concentrated in nerve cells, PS provides five special benefits: facilitates cell-to-cell communication, stabilizes the inner cell environment, regulates cell-growth, improves cell receptor function, and prepares cells for activity.
In animal studies, PS induced neurotransmitter production and prevented their age-related decline, which helps explain the clinical effects seen in humans. PS stimulates acetylcholine output and dopamine synthesis/release. PS reverses electrical signal loss associated with memory decline. Human trials demonstrated improvements in memory, lucidity, outlook on life and ability to cope and function socially.
Acetyl L-carnitine, a delivery form of L-carnitine, is involved in many metabolic functions. As an antioxidant, ALC may have neuroprotective activity. It supports energy production by transporting fatty acids in and out of mitochondria. Acetyl L-carnitine can also act as a critical component in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Glutamine, the most abundant amino acid, is a precursor to the neurotransmitters glutamic acid and gamma amino butyric acid (GABA). It is a precursor to glycogen production for energy storage. In clinical trials, glutamine improved brain electrical patterns when compared with controls.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Alpha Lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant and cofactor in energy production. It augments insulin action and is a cofactor in glycolysis, a process that converts sugar into energy. ALA has been shown to improve brain energy metabolism.
Taurine is a sulfur-containing amino acid derivative with numerous diverse biological functions, including regulating cell growth, stabilizing cell membranes, acting as a minor insulin mimic and improving neurotransmission. It also serves as an antioxidant and helps regulate the concentration of ions within cells. Taurine has been shown to facilitate nerve blood flow, motor nerve conduction, and nerve sensory thresholds in diabetic neuropathic rats. It is also used as a calming agent.
Neuro Optimizer may be the natural answer to improving brain function and preventing mental decline. Neuro Optimizer feeds and protects the brain with its comprehensive combination of safe and effective nutrients.
• provides powerful antioxidant protection to brain tissues
• promotes the proper regulation of cell membrane excitability and cellular osmolarity
• improves cerebral glucose utilization and energy production
• supports phospholipid synthesis for enhanced cognition
• enhances acetylcholine and neurotransmitter synthesis
- Kyowa Hakko®
- gelatin caps
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 8+ items = -20%
- any 2+ = -5%! (iDEAL/Bancontact/bank)
- any 3+ = -7.5%!
- any 4+ = -10%!
- any 5+ = -12.5%!
- any 6+ = -15%!
- any 8+ = -20%!
- in stock
- <€30: €4+ (NL) - €7+ (EU)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping above €30 (NL) or €5 discount above €30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
How to beat andropause, the condition that ails all elderly malesAndropause is a medical condition, similar to the female menopause, that can affect men between the ages of 40 and 65. Men do not have a clear-cut signpost to mark the transition. In women estrogen drops dramatically at menopause, but testosterone levels in men drop very gradually over many years and decades. The bodily changes in andropause occur very gradually in men and may be accompanied by changes in attitudes and moods, fatigue, a loss of energy, sex drive, stamina, and physical agility.
Andropause may be triggered not only by declines in testosterone, but in the "female" hormone estrogen as well.
There is a growing interest, as well as a booming industry, in the use of testosterone therapy for middle-aged and older men. This interest has led to the definition of a new condition, termed 'andropause' implying that this condition is due to falling levels of testosterone. This trend risks replicating both the rejuvenation fads of a century ago and the recent experience in estrogen therapy for menopause that has been propelled for decades by advocacy substituting for reliable scientific evidence. Is testosterone therapy appropriate for men with symptoms of male menopause? There is no scientific agreement on this topic.
But it stands to reason that hormones should be used only as a last resort since they have serious risks if misused.
Take 4 capsules per day with juice or water between meals or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
contains per daily serving (4 capsules)
acetyl L-carnitine 500mg †
glutamine 500mg †
taurine 500mg †
cytidine 5'-difosfocholine (citicoline, CDP choline) 300mg †
phosphatidylcholine 120mg †
phosphatidylserine (PS) 100mg †
alpha lipoic acid (ALA or thioctic acid) 50mg †
† = Recommended Daily Intake not established
active ingredients (acetyl-carnitine, glutamine, taurine, phospholipids, alpha lipoic acid), anti-coagulant (silicon dioxide), filler (soy lecithin, vegetable magnesium stearate and cellulose) , capsule (bovine gelatin)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, or trying to conceive, are under the age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
contains no other familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)