AOR Multi Basics 3 180 capsules includes all recognized essential vitamins as part of a multivitamin/mineral complex for the maintenance of good health. Multi Basics 3 also helps normal growth and development.
key benefits of Multi Basics Complete
• includes all recognized essential nutrients in superior forms
• uses properly balanced ratios
• reflects biological needs and avoids harmful excesses
• contains nutrients in amounts found in an optimal diet
All the Essentials in just 3 a day
The more nutrients a diet contains, the more beneficial it is to the body. Multi Basics 3 contains all recognized essential nutrients in balanced ratios and in their most superior forms. Along with well known minerals and vitamins, it includes vitamin K2 (MK-4 & MK-7), phytochemicals, choline and inositol.
Everything in Moderation
Many multivitamins are poorly designed, with excessive amounts of nutrients in inappropriate ratios that cause more damage than good. For instance, too much vitamin A can suppress bone formation, zinc and copper can create deficiencies if imbalanced, and excessive riboflavin (vitamin B2) actually inhibits its absorption and turns urine yellow.
A Harmonious Mixture
Multi Basics 3 avoids the biological cacophony caused by harmful excesses and unbalanced ratios. Instead it presents the best forms of important nutrients in amounts that reflect an optimal diet in order to have the most beneficial impact on your health.
We know that nutrient-dense diets high in fruits and vegetables prevent disease and increase lifespan. A well-formulated multi-vitamin supplement should therefore be a highly condensed version of an optimal diet.
The science behind AOR’s multi-vitamin formulations ensures the safety and efficacy of our products. Multi Basics 3 is the incarnation of this objective and features:
• Less than 500 IU of preformed Vitamin A, because more is not better. Too much Vitamin A has a negative impact on bones.
• Reasonable amounts of natural Beta-Carotene, because too much Beta-Carotene is not good either. Beta-Carotene supplementation should reflect the quantities of the vitamin found in optimal diets – that is to say 6 to 11.4 mg of beta-carotene per day.
• Moderate amounts of Manganese. The current evidence, although irresolute, suggests that excess manganese can lead to neurological damage.
• Balanced Zinc-to-Copper ratios. Getting too much of either of these nutrients creates a functional deficiency in the other. Animal and human evidence suggests that an adequate Zinc-to-Copper ratio should be of about ten to one. Studies using a 23.5 to 1 ratio led to reductions in levels of copper-based antioxidants, increased total and LDL cholesterol and caused abnormalities in cardiac function.
• A balanced ratio of B vitamins, based on an extensive review of published research to provide you with a safe and effective B vitamin supplementation.
• Multi Basics 3 provides all 8 forms of vitamin E to ensure you get the maximum benefits and safety from supplementing with a multivitamin. Many other multivitamin formulas contain only alpha-tocopherol which has been shown in clinical trials to deplete the body of gamma-tocopherol, the most important form of vitamin E for cardiovascular health. Beta-tocopherol and beta-tocotrienol are also naturally present in the extract.
• Vitamin K2, which is more effective than vitamin K1. MK-4 and MK-7 are provided together as sources of vitamin K2 to ensure a range of health benefits, including bone support and cardiovascular health.
• Calcium citrate-malate, with a greater bioavailability than other vegetarian forms of calcium.
• Minerals such as boron, silicon and vanadium, with health benefits suggesting they may be as important as other minerals recognized as “essential”.
• Phytochemicals, the biologically active substances found in plants. The advantages of phytochemicals are impressive; they reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer and degenerative diseases. Multi Basics 3™ contains phytochemicals with well-documented health benefits such as lutein, quercetin and mixed citrus bioflavonoids.
• Choline and inositol. Choline is an essential nutrient that is required for normal cellular structure and function.
Inositol is important for cellular defenses and exhibits anti-cancer potential. Inositol hexanicotinate, also found in Multi Basics 3™, is a source of both inositol and a non-flushing form of niacin (vitamin B3).
Multi Basics 3™ avoids the pitfalls of improper formulations; excessive and harmful amounts are shunned, balanced vitamin complexes in amounts that reflect biological needs are used, and superior forms that are assimilated more efficiently are included.
Most importantly, Multi Basic 3™ provides nutrients in amounts that reflect the quantities found in optimal diets which have been shown to positively impact health.
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 6+ items = -12.5%
- any 2+ = -2.5%!
- any 3+ = -5%!
- any 4+ = -7.5%!
- any 5+ = -10%!
- any 6+ = -12.5%!
- in stock
- €0 (NL) - €2,50+ (EU) - €12+ (world)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
Set point and holiday weight gain
How to prevent getting sick from the flu
You can prevent germs from making you ill in two ways: prevent entry into the body by careful hygiene, and if they do get in, make sure your body’s natural immune system is able to fight these germs, so they self-destruct before overwhelming the system.
Most flu germs are spread in two ways:
- touching such as hand-to-hand contact
- droplet spread when germs ride along on tiny water droplets that are sneezed or coughed into the air
Try these flu prevention tips to avoid person-to-person spread:
- avoid shaking hands, but bow or give a head nod
- avoid nose-picking as the nose is a breeding ground for germs
- sneeze into a disposable handkerchief and if you don't have one available, sneeze inside your elbow
- shun coughers and sneezers as much as possible.
- avoid crowded rooms
Why does stress make us sick more easily?Most diseases that we are dealing with nowadays are chronic diseases as a result of poor lifestyle choices that will only affect us later in life. However, we can get sick much sooner when exposed to chronic stress. How can this happen?
Stress is defined as a series of events, starting with a stimulus leading to a stress response known as the 'fight-or-flight' reaction that can affect many body systems.
Physical or physiological stress is mostly short-lived, while psychological or emotional stress can last for a very long time.
Why are multivitamins important for your health?
Sometimes, when your only source of news is from mainstream media, it seems as if taking nutritional supplements is worse than taking medicines. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Especially multivitamins and fish oil can be your cheapest way to top health in addition to a healthy diet. People following healthy diets, are as rare as diamonds and it most certainly doesn't mean following the latest fad diet where you must buy expensive exotic ingredients to be doing it right.
Sadly this is possible when the general public is not being educated properly. Even our national nutritional council (Voedingscentrum) still keeps spouting how you should be consuming artificial margarine instead of real butter as it 'contains extra vitamin D' while butter from grass-fed cows will contain this naturally.
However, there is one truth that is universally embraced by almost everyone: in order to become healthier one has to consumer larger amounts of vegetables and fruits and less heavily processed foods. The sad truth is how most Dutch citizens don't even ingest 200 grams of vegetables and fruit on a given day, a far cry from the recommended 500 grams never mind the optimal 750 grams that is considered to be ideal when you're striving from longevity.
How do you recognize vitamin B deficiency?
Traditional media often run stories about how supplements may cause problems. One of the problems with studies highlighting supplements is they typically use synthetic vitamins, and not whole food supplements. Your body was not made to process unnatural agents, often posing as equivalents to the real thing. The reality is they are frequently not the same and do not provide you with the same health benefits.
Vitamin deficiencies may lead to illness and disease, and contribute to chronic issues such as high blood pressure, dementia and cancer. One nutritional deficiency having the potential to wreak havoc on your health, your cognition and even your respiratory system is a deficiency in vitamin B complex. B vitamins also help your body to detoxify from chronic exposure to pollutants and chemicals.
Can zinc deficiency cause depression?
The health benefits of zinc include a proper functioning of the immune and digestive systems, controlled diabetes, reduction in stress levels, improved metabolism, and an increased rate of healing for acne and wounds. Also, it is helpful in terms of pregnancy, hair care, eczema, weight loss, night blindness, cold, eye care, appetite loss, and many other conditions.
What is the importance of zinc?
Zinc plays a vital role in protein synthesis and helps regulate the cell production in the immune system of the human body. It is mostly found in the strongest muscles of the body and is found in especially high concentrations in the white and red blood cells, retina, skin, liver, kidneys, bones, and pancreas. The semen and the prostate gland in men also contain significant amounts of zinc.
In the human body, there are more than 300 different enzymes that require zinc to function normally. Researchers believe that 3,000 proteins (out of approximately 100,000) have this vital mineral.
A normal person has two to three grams of zinc at any given time. There are organs in the human body which secrete it, such as the salivary gland, the prostate gland, and the pancreas. Even cells involved in the activity of the immune system secrete zinc. It is used up in various metabolic processes and eliminated through normal excretory and urinary channels, so it needs to be replenished often. If it isn’t, you will begin to suffer from deficiency symptoms.
A multivitamin a day keeps the doctor awayWith so many supplements available, and a lot of supplement advertisements in sports magazines targeted at athletes, one is rarely seen: ads for a multivitamin and mineral.
When you think about supplements, what are the first thoughts that go through your mind? Whey protein, nitric oxide, creatine, fat burners, or maybe something else? These are the ones that consume the ads.
What if I told you though that the most important supplement that you must have in your arsenal is not on this list? That is your basic multivitamin. From the chewable ones you took as a kid to the ones you have now. Oh, you don't take them? If not, you better change that immediately if you want to meet your fitness goals.
For the human body to complete all the tasks it has in a normal day, it must be given a wide and complex variety of vital nutrients. Becoming deficient in any one of these essential vitamins or minerals causes breakdown of the metabolic pathway that produces optimum efficiency and performance goes down quick. Obviously, this is NOT what you want!
Take up to 3 capsules daily with a meal containing fat, or as directed by a qualified health practitioner. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
contains per daily serving (3 capsules)
Vitamin A Complex
-Retinol (palmitate) 110 mcg RAE 363 IU
-Beta-carotene 900 mcg RAE 1.8 mg
-Lutein esters 6 mg
Vitamin B Complex
-B1 (Thiamine) 9 mg
-B2 (Riboflavin) 2.5 mg
-B3 (Niacin - from 126 mg inositol hexanicotinate) 115 mg
-B5 (d-Ca Pantothenate) 100 mg
-B6 (Pyridoxine) 25 mg
-B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 647 mcg
-Folate (calcium L-5-MTHF) 800 mcg
-Biotin 300 mcg
-Choline (bitartrate) 100 mg
-Inositol (from Inositol, Inositol Hexanicotinate†) 100 mg
Vitamin C complex
- Vitamin C (Magnesium ascorbate) 120 mg
- Mixed Citrus Bioflavonoids 25 mg
- Quercetin (dihydrate) 65 mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 25 mcg / 1000 IU
Vitamin E Complex
- mixed Tocopherols (from soy, min. 65% gamma) 100 mg*
- vitamin E (from alpha - tocopherol ) 7.1mg ATE/10.6 IU
- mixed Tocotrienols (from palm) 10 mg**
vitamin K2 (MK-4, MK-7) 120 mcg
Boron (citrate) 700 mcg
Calcium (citrate) 65 mg
Chromium (picolinate) 100 mcg
Copper (citrate) 1.5 mg
Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg
Magnesium (citrate, ascorbate) 60 mg
Manganese (bisglycinate) 2.3 mg
Molybdenum (Na Molybdate) 45 mcg
Selenium (selenomethionine) 55 mcg
Silicon (HVP chelate) 5 mg
Vanadium (citrate) 18 mcg
Zinc (citrate) 11 mg
† total quantity of inositol hexanicotinate: 126 mg
*typical tocopherol profile:alpha >7.1 mg ,beta >1.3 mg , gamma >64.8 mg , delta >13.9 mg
**typical tocotrienol profile: alpha >2.8 mg ,beta 0.4 mg ,gamma >5.1 mg , delta 1.4 mg
active ingredients (multivitamins and minerals), filler (microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium and tricalcium phosphate, silicon dioxide, dextrin, tocopherols, sodium stearyl fumarate, cellulose gum, ascorbyl palmitate, sodium alginate, sorbitan stearate, palm oil, hydroxypropyl cellulose, maltodextrin, starch (soy, corn, pea, rice), zeaxanthin), vegi-cap (hypromellose)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
Persons taking anticoagulant (“blood thinning”) medications such as warfarin must not take this supplement.
Consult your physician if taking any prescription drugs, as phytonutrients in this supplement may affect their metabolism or bioavailability.
Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 month.
Do not use if you are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae/Daisy family.
Do not use when pregnant or nursing
contains no other familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegans and vegetarians