Magnesium lactate 400g - the ideal magnesium powder sports supplement | Power Supplements
Power Supplements Magnesium Lactate 400g
Magnesium is beneficial for nerve and muscular tissue metabolism. Magnesium and potassium can be utilized by physically active individuals to support electrolyte levels in the body.
Magnesium: essential, too often overlooked
Magnesium is an essential mineral involved in more than 300 chemical reactions in the body. Like calcium, most of the body’s magnesium (55%) is stored in the bone. Otherwise, it is similar to potassium in that it is found predominantly inside cells. Approximately 25% of the body’s magnesium is present in muscle tissues, a fact that underscores the fundamental role of this mineral in the generation of energy.
Despite its key function in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the primary source of energy in the body, magnesium is also a “natural calcium channel blocker.”; In addition, magnesium may influence energy levels indirectly by improving the metabolism of potassium. When potassium levels don’t increase with supplementation, this often indicates a lack of magnesium.
The ideal magnesium powder supplement
- Magnesium combined with lactic acid (lactate)
- Magnesium lactate has no acid or metallic taste
- Easiest to tolerate magnesium supplement
- Is well absorbed by the body
- Pure and neutral tasting powder without any additives
It took a very long time to find the the most optimal magnesium supplement as every type of magnesium salt has its own advantages and drawbacks. Factors that were looked at are taste, tolerance, bio-availability and price are all important.
The only 'drawback' from this particular salt is that magnesium lacate doesn't contain a whole lot of magnesium per gram of total product. This means it won't be a good choice for capsules as you would need too many capsules to arrive at the right amount of magnesium. However, when taken in powdered form, magnesium lactate is a great choice, since the lower amount of magnesium in lactate form (10% elemental magnesium in lactate versus 16% in magnesium citrate and 60% for magnesium oxide) is not all that relevant when you are ingesting it as a powder. One little scoop of magnesiujm lactate will be enough to deliver well over 50% of the Recommended Daily Intake.
what sets ´Magnesium Lactate’ apart?
- no additives
- economical to use
- neutral flavour (neither acidic such as in citrates nor metallic such as in glycinates)
benefits of magnesium
- diminishes mental and physical fatigue
- supports normal function of the central nervous system
- supports electrolyte balance
- supports normal energy production
- supports normal function of muscles
- supports normal synthesis of body proteins
- supports normal bone structure and teeth
- supports normal cell division
- supports mental well-being
Combining magnesium with other supplements
Because of the important role of magnesium in muscles, it is an excellent idea to combine it with creatine.
Timing and use of magnesium
Magnesium can be used at any time of the day , both on an empty stomach or with meals.
Tip: it is recommended to use magnesium lactate after exercise. A lot of people already notice an improvement upon using just 100mg to 250mg of magnesium afer exercise. One scoop delivers 220mg of elemental magnesium , which can easily be mixed into a sports drink, a protein shake or a glass of water after exercise.
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- pre-order now!
- €4+ (NL) - €6,50+ (EU) - €15+ (world)
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
- tested on doping in Köln WADA-doping lab
take 1 scoop a day after a training session or after the last meal of the day or prior to bedtime
mix 1 scoop with water, fruit juice or your sports drink
contains per daily serving (1 scoop 2,5ml/2,2gram)
magnesium lactate 2200mg
- as elemental magnesium 220 mg (58% RDI)
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
magnesium lactate powder
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature
contra-indications and warnings
A too high magnesium intake can lead to diarrhea or nausea. In that case, lower the dose. Don't use when you have a severe kidney disease.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans