D+K - vitamin D3 1000iu + K2 90mcg 60 v-capsules, an ideal pair with synergistic effect | Vitals
Vitals vitamin D3+K2 , Vitals vitamine D3+K2 , an ideal pair with synergistic effect
- contains a generous dose of the superior forms of vitamin D and vitamin K
- contains K2Vital® Delta which has a very high stability
- free from common allergens (such as soy)
- excipients from natural source (cassava and rice)
Vitamins K2 and D3 are being prescribed to an increasing extent and in higher doses, because the scientific basis is becoming stronger and more widely known. Both nutrients are combined in this product, because it is also becoming increasingly clear how great the synergy is and how the metabolic functions overlap. A strong combination, as a supplement to the standard basic supplement.
How do vitamins K and D work together?
Vitamin D stimulates the production of vitamin K-dependent proteins. And vitamin K is needed as a coenzyme to activate (carboxylate) this. These are the so-called Gla proteins, in which the glutamic acid (Glu) in specific proteins is converted into γ-carboxyglutamic acid (Gla). Carboxylation is essential for the vast majority of the functions of these proteins. Important examples of this are osteocalcin and Matrix-Gla protein (MGP). A common property of these carboxylated vitamin K-dependent Gla proteins is that they bind calcium. In this way, vitamin K and vitamin D ensure that calcium ends up in the right places in the body.
1) Osteocalcin: (also known as bone-GLA protein) is a vitamin K-dependent protein produced in bone and dental tissue and regulating its mineralization.
2) Matrix-GLA-proteïn: a vitamin K-dependent protein produced in most soft tissues, such as blood vessels, cartilage, kidneys, lungs and spleen, as well as bone tissue. MGP (like osteocalcin and other Gla proteins) has a calcium-binding property.
Superior forms of vitamins K and D
Vitamin K1 is mainly absorbed by the liver and ensures activation of clotting factors, while vitamin K2 is also used outside the liver for the activation of other vitamin K-dependent proteins (such as osteocalcin and MGP). Vitamin K2 (or "menaquinone") comes in several forms, the most famous of which are MK-4, MK-7, MK-8 and MK-9. According to the current scientific state of affairs, menaquinone-7 (MK-7) is the most effective form of vitamin K2. MK-7 is excellently absorbed and remains in the body for a very long time to be able to act co-enzymatically, thanks to its long half-life. The most common forms of vitamin D (calciferol) are vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Ergocalciferol is a vegetable form, while cholecalciferol comes from animal sources, but is also mainly produced by humans in the skin under the influence of the sun. These forms of vitamin D are converted in the liver to the metabolite calcidiol (25-hydroxyvitamin D), which is converted as needed in the kidneys and other cells and tissues to the biologically active hormone calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D). Vitamin D3 is more effective than vitamin D2 in increasing calcidiol and ultimately calcitriol in the blood.
K2Vital® Delta from Kappa Bioscience
Vitamin K2 is known to be highly unstable. In combination with minerals or certain excipients, the vitamin K2 content in a product can quickly decrease. This is of course highly undesirable, because you want to be able to store a supplement for its entire shelf life. The Norwegian producer Kappa Bioscience has developed a vitamin K2 raw material that is very well protected against external influences. By means of a patented micro-encapsulation process, the K2 is completely encapsulated, guaranteeing stability even in products with aggressive mineral compounds. Vitals has selected K2Vital® Delta as the best vitamin K2 raw material after extensive stability tests with various K2 raw materials in various compositions.
Permitted health claims:
- vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting
- vitamin K helps ensure that calcium is absorbed into the bones
- vitamin D helps ensure that calcium is normally absorbed from food
- vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- vitamin D contributes to the normal use of calcium by the body
- vitamin D supports strong muscles
- vitamin D contributes to the process of cell renewal
- vitamin D supports the body's defenses
K2Vital® and the logo are registered trademarks of Kappa Bioscience AS.
K2Vital® Delta is a patent-pending microencapsulation technology used under license from Kappa Bioscience AS.
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 5+ items = -10%
- any 2+ = -2.5%!
- any 3+ = -5%!
- any 4+ = -7.5%!
- any 5+ = -10%!
- in stock
- €4+ (NL) - €6,50+ (EU) - €15+ (world)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
- tested on doping in Köln WADA-doping lab
take 1-2 v-capsules a day with ample water combined with (fat-containing) meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional
contains per daily serving (1 capsule)
vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 25mcg (1000iu) (125% RDI)
vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7, K2Vital® Delta) 90mcg (120% RDI)
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
filler (rice extract), vegetarian capsule (pullulan from fermented cassava starch), active ingredient (menaquinone, cholecalciferol),
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature
keep out of reach of young children
The vitamin K in this product makes it unsuitable for simultaneous use of coumarin derivatives (anticoagulants such as acenocoumarol and phenprocoumon). These drugs are also known as vitamin K antagonists and their effectiveness is reduced by ingesting vitamin K from food and supplements.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans