C - Natural Vitamin C 90 capsules from Indian gooseberry with citrus flavonoids | Power Supplements
Power Supplements Natural Vitamin C is a 100% natural vitamin C from organically grown Indian gooseberry Amla, chockful of important co-factors and devoid of synthetic additives.
Vitamin C is the vitamin that is the most popular vitamin-supplement all over the world. Unfortunately, in 99.9% of cases, that vitamin is a synthetic one. Synthetical vitamin C is an isolated molecule without the natural co-factors , such as 'vitamin P' (rutin)
Natural Vitamin C from Power Supplements is a natural extract from organically grown Indian gooseberries. It contains not just vitamin C, but also the co-factors such as rutin (quercetin is almost identical to rutin), asorbigen as well as choline. It is free of synthetic vitamin C.
The amount of vitamin C in one capsule is one and a half times the recommended daily intake.
A lot of vitamin C supplements that are marketed as natural, aren't as natural as they claim to be. The natural vitamin C is often boosted with synthetic vitamin C in order to increase the dosage.
Natural Vitamin C from Power Supplements is free of synthetic additives. The berries from which the supplements are made, are organically grown without pesticides or fertilizer.
Functions of vitamine C in the body:
• energy production / reduction of fatigue
• production of collagen for strong bones, skin, joints, tendons, teeth and gum
• recovery of active vitamin E
• general support of immunity response
• supports the immune system during and after intensive exercise (at a dosage of two capsules a day)
• protects DNA, protein and fats against oxydative damage
From organically certified Orgen-C®
- gelatin caps
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 5+ items = -10%
- any 2+ = -2.5%!
- any 3+ = -5%!
- any 4+ = -7.5%!
- any 5+ = -10%!
- in stock
- <€30: €3,50+ (NL) - €7,50+ (EU)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
- tested on doping in Köln WADA-doping lab
How to prevent getting sick from the flu
You can prevent germs from making you ill in two ways: prevent entry into the body by careful hygiene, and if they do get in, make sure your body’s natural immune system is able to fight these germs, so they self-destruct before overwhelming the system.
Most flu germs are spread in two ways:
- touching such as hand-to-hand contact
- droplet spread when germs ride along on tiny water droplets that are sneezed or coughed into the air
Try these flu prevention tips to avoid person-to-person spread:
- avoid shaking hands, but bow or give a head nod
- avoid nose-picking as the nose is a breeding ground for germs
- sneeze into a disposable handkerchief and if you don't have one available, sneeze inside your elbow
- shun coughers and sneezers as much as possible.
- avoid crowded rooms
Doctor Pauling, why was he so famous? Vitamin C and its role as an anti-aging anti-oxidantOne of the most famous forerunners of high dose vitamin C treatment for disease prevention was Dr. Linus Pauling, a biochemist and peace activist, and a two-time Nobel Laureate.
A large, decade-long study found that men who took 800 mg of vitamin C per day had less heart disease and lived up to six years longer than those following the conventional guideline of 60 mg/day
Vitamin C, when administered intravenously at high doses, has been shown to be selectively cytotoxic against cancer cells.
Vitamin C is one of the most well-established traditional antioxidants we know of, and its potent health benefits have been clearly demonstrated over time, especially for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
While most animals have the ability to produce vitamin C internally, three species cannot. Guinea pigs, primates, and humans must obtain their vitamin C from their diet.
Vitamin C has numerous functions in the human body, including acting as an essential cofactor in enzymatic reactions.
In this way, it plays a role in your body's production of collagen, carnitine and catecholamines.
Vitamin C is also used by your body for wound healing, repairing, and maintaining the health of your bones and teeth, and plays a role in helping your body absorb iron.
A powerful antioxidant, vitamin C also helps prevent damage caused by free radicals. Over time, free radical damage may accelerate aging and contribute to the development of heart disease and other health conditions.
It's through this antioxidant effect that it's thought vitamin C may play a role in protecting heart health.
Fluoride, should you avoid it?A year ago, the Dutch Supreme Court of Justice ruled taxation of fluroided tooth paste should be lowered from the higher tariff meant for luxury gooods such as beauty items to the low tariff that is used for medication and nutritional supplements and meds as fluorided tooth paste can be considered as medicine.
This resulted in quite a big price gap between fluorided tooth paste and non-fluorided tooth paste.
However, since the effectiveness of fluoride has been up to debate it was felt to be an unjust difference by quite a few people who even say fluoride is poisonous. Is fluoride really poisonous? We thought you'd be just as curious about the answer as we are.
When is drinking alcohol bad for your health?In the past decade we were told indulging in one or two glasses of alcohol (just one for women) a day is healthy. This was even one of the many recommendations in the national (Dutch) health guidelines. In the past year though, a drastic change occurred: the recommendation changed into zero to perhaps to a most one glass of alcohol a day! So, what gives?
take one capsule a day with a meal, preferably not a meal which contains red meat
do not take more than 4 capsules a day
contains per minimal daily serving (1 capsule)
vitamine C (ascorbic acid) 125mg (156% RDI)
- from 250mg Indian gooseberry (Amla) extract with natural co-factors from vitamine C
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
active ingredients (Indian gooseberry extract), filler (rice starch), capsule (bovine gelatin)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)