Bone-Up Three Per Day 180 capsules value-size - calcium (MCHA) , magnesium, vitamine C, D3, K2 (MK-7) - best source of calcium for strong bones | Jarrow Formulas
Jarrow Formulas Bone-Up Three Per Day 180 capsules provides Stimucal™ ossein hydroxyapatite complex (OHC) (from free-range Australian/New Zealand calves), which includes the superior combination of the inorganic calcium lattice of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA) within an organic protein milieu. The OHC is combined with vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 as MK-7 from natural fermentation (a more bioavailable form of vitamin K) to support the deposition of calcium into the bones as well as to assist in building up the organic bone matrix.
who can benefit from Bone-Up Three Per Day?
Many people are not meeting the current recommendations for adequate calcium intake via diet or with supplement use. Bone-Up Three Per Day provides needed calcium, but also includes other essentials for proper calcium utilisation by the body.
In conjunction with regular, weight bearing exercise and a healthy diet calcium helps teen and young adult women build bone mass and maintain bone health, these women may reduce the risk of bone loss later in life.
what distinguishes Bone-Up Three Per Day?
• complete multinutrient bone-health system
• improves bone density when combined with regular weight bearing exercise and a healthy diet
• contains additional nutrients for healthy joints
• suitable for men and women of all ages, children and even pets
how do the active ingredients function in Bone-Up Three Per Day?
• ossein micrcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA) produces more prolonged calcium balance than soluble calcium salts. Ossein MCHA provides both the inorganic constituents found in human bone AND the organic bone-growth factors that stimulate bone osteoblast cells
• vitamin D3 (1000iu) converts to calcitrol, the active form of vitamin D3, in the kidneys. Calcitrol enhances calcium and phosphorous absorption and stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important structural protein in bone. Vitamin D3 is superior to vitamin D2 as it has been shown to raise blood levels 70% better than D2
• MK-7 (menaquinone-7), the more bioavailable form of vitamin K2, remains in circulation much longer than vitamin K1 and is responsible for the carboxylation of specific bone proteins needed for building bone. MK-7 also discourages unwanted calcium deposition in arteries
• boron is a trace mineral important in calcium and bone metabolism. Supplemental boron has been shown to reduce excretion of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus
• manganese, copper, and zinc are essential components of several enzymes involved in the formation of bone
For best results, use with JarroSil, the biologically Activated Silicon
Jarrow Formulas Bone Up is a most nutritional regimen for maintaining strong, healthy bones. Bone-Up has been a featured product of Jarrow Formulas for some time and has been updated through the years to reflect the latest scientific findings regarding skeletal health.
Bone mass and hydroxyapatite
In 1982, an important calcium supplementation study was concluded and reported by the Dept. of Medicine and Radiology, Royal Free Hospital in London, England. Fifty-three post-menopausal women diagnosed to have seriously impaired calcium absorption and accelerated bone loss were separated into three groups and studied for over 14 months. At the conclusion of the study, only the women that received 1,000 mg of calcium from hydroxyapatite along with vitamin D showed a significant increase in bone thickness.
Hydroxyapatite produces more prolonged calcium balance than soluble calcium salts. It also allows the bone osteoblast cells to be more receptive to its components and to build bone tissue. Furthermore, hydroxyapatite provides both the organic and inorganic constituents found in human bone: hydroxyapatite microcrystals consist of calcium, phosphorous, oxygen, and hydrogen; the trace minerals zinc, strontium, silicon and iron; and proteins, amino acids and aminoglycans.
Bone consists of calcium and phosphorous crystals embedded in a framework of interlocking protein fibers. The protein fibers are made primarily of collagen. The mineral crystals give bone hardness, strength, and rigidity. Collagen fibers impart their quality of flexibility. Hydroxyapatite composes 67% of the weight of bone, and the collagenous fibers make up the remaining 33%.
The average adult has 1,000 -1,200 grams of calcium in the body. Bones are the body’s largest calcium storehouse and will release calcium into the bloodstream in order to ensure correct blood levels of calcium. Thus, blood calcium levels can be normal while bone loss can be considerable.
Between 2 - 4% of a person’s skeleton is remodeled every year. This means that calcium and other minerals leave the bone in a process called resorption and then must be “remodeled” or replaced. Whether due to poor nutrition or reduced hormone levels with the onset of aging, the loss of calcium and other minerals from the bone creates tiny holes that make bones weak and brittle, particularly if collagen is being lost.
It has been estimated that post-menopausal women lose 0.7% to 2% of their bone per year while men lose 0.5%-0.7%. Between 45 and 75 years of age, women lose 30% of their skeletal structure and men lose 15%.
It starts with the finest source of calcium available: Australian bovine bone hydroxyapatite from chemical-free, range-grazed calves less than two years old (bones from veal calves are never used). Skeletal health, however, requires more than calcium. Scientific evidence conclusively demonstrates the need for other nutrients like vitamin D3, vitamin K, potassium, magnesium, boron, and trace minerals such as zinc, copper, and manganese.
Who needs to supplement calcium?
Research has indicated that 85% of women over the age of 20 and at least 50% of men from age 35 consume less than the RDI for calcium. Caffeine, alcohol, sugar, chocolate, high protein diets and soda pops – particularly colas that are high in phosphorous can deplete calcium.
In addition, calcium absorption has long been thought to be stomach-acid dependent, but both stomach acid production and calcium absorption decline with age!
Bone-Up clinical trial
The results of a recent clinical trial published in the Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine (Disilvestro RA et al. J Nutr Environ Med. 2007; 16(1):26-32) found that exercise and supplementation of calcium, vitamin D3 and other micronutrients from Bone-Up significantly improved bone health in young adult women.
In an 8-week double-blind placebo-controlled study of 24 female students ages 18 to 24, supplementation with Bone-Up (not placebo) was found to produce statistically signifi cant decreases in markers of bone degradation, while increasing levels of plasma bone specific alkaline phosphatase (an indicator of bone synthesis), plasma 2,5-OHvitamin D (an indicator of vitamin D nutritional status) and plasma parathyroid hormone.
StimuCal™ is a registered trademark of PharmaZen Ltd
- gelatin capsules
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- pre-order now!
- time of availability unknown
- €0 (NL) - €2,50+ (EU) - €15+ (world)
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
take 3 capsules per day with meals, preferably 1 capsule with each meal to facilitate maximum absorption or as directed by a qualified health care consultant
contains per daily serving (3 capsules)
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 100 mg (110 % RDI)
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 1000 ie/ 25mcg (130% RDI)
MK 7 (Menaquinone 7 - vitamin K2) 45 mcg (40 % RDI)
calcium (elemental; from Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite, MCHA) 1000 mg (80 % RDI)
magnesium oxide 350 mg (80% RDI)
zinc monomethionate (OptiZinc) 10 mg (90 % RDI)
copper gluconate 1 mg (110% RDI)
manganese citrate 1 mg (45 % RDI)
boron citrate 3 mg†
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
† = RDI not established
active ingredients (MCHA (Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite) calcium, magnesium, ascorbic acid, zinc, boron, copper, manganese, cholecalciferol, menaquinone), filler (vegetable magnesium stearate), anticoagulant (silicon dioxide), capsule (bovine gelatin)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature
keep out of reach of young children
contains traces of soy
contains no other familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
contains gelatin & bone