Power Supplements BCAA capsules contain BCAA, which is the short form for 'branched chain amino acids'. Among these count L-leucine, L- isoleucine and L-valine. These are 3 of 8 essential amino acids which have to be provided by food because the body is not able to develop them by itself. Studies have shown these amino acids are involved in protein synthetis.
BCAAs were made by means of pharmaceutical synthesis
• specific amino acids necessary for protein synthesis
• enhance muscle retention, recovery and repair post workout
• helps control blood sugar and insulin levels
• a convenient way to get valuable BCAA's in the diet
- Kyowa Hakko®
- gelatin caps
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 6+ items = -12.5%
- any 2+ = -2.5%!
- any 3+ = -5%!
- any 4+ = -7.5%!
- any 5+ = -10%!
- any 6+ = -12.5%!
- pre-order now!
- €3,50+ (NL) - €7,50+ (EU) - €17+ (world)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
- tested on doping in Köln WADA-doping lab
Exercise and immunity: staying fit at home
When you are used to go to a gym to exercise and are forced to stay at home, it is good to know there are alternatives to gym workouts. Since most of those exercises are shown on short videos with an explanation we will not present much text this time , apart from explaining why exercise is so important for immune system.
Health benefits and dangers of intermittent fasting
Last week I explained how the celebration of carnival and the ensueing Lent with a partial fast can have mental health benefits for you.
Fasting is part of almost every single religion because famines are hard to avoid at the end of winter when food stores are at its lowest. Or in hotter climates, when there is a severe drought.
So it made sense to make peace with unavoidable famine espeically when it is short-lived.
But what if I told you that fasting could actually be healthy for you? That is, fasting for a short period of time. This practice has been adopted by an ever growing amount of people, who mostly adopt a method called intermittent fasting.
Intermittent fasting is said to lead to easier fat loss, increased stamina and vigor, improved focus at the gym and at work, and, improved immune health.
Intermittent fasting effectively mimics the eating habits of our ancestors, who did not have access to grocery stores or food around the clock. They would cycle through periods of feast and famine, and modern research shows this cycling produces a number of biochemical benefits. In short, by altering what and when you eat, you can rather dramatically alter how your body operates.
Take 4-12 capsules with water or juice before, during or after strength training .
contains per capsule
L-leucine 375 mg†
L-isoleucine 187,5 mg†
L-valine 187,5 mg†
† = Recommended Daily Intake not established
active ingredients (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine), filler (rice starch, magnesium stearate), anticoagulant (silicium dioxide), capsule (bovine gelatin)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature
keep out of reach of young children
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)