Nature's Way Niacin (nicotinic acid) is one of the two principal forms of the vitamin B-complex niacin. The term niacin refers to both niacinamide and nicotinic acid, the other principal form of niacin.
Niacinamide by itself does nothing, it is used as catalyst by organs and tissue to synthesize nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP), the active forms of niacin.
NAD and NADP are essential for over many different biochemical processes where they donate a H+ (hydrogen) atom or a electron where it is ued to create energy. NAD and NADP are essential in the synthesis of steroid hormones from cholesterol forming of nitric oxide what causes vasodilation and regulate blood flow and blood pressure.
NAD is also involved in the activation of folate and regeneration of reduced glutathione. Glutathione is a strong antioxidant capable of extending life and protecting life itself against free radicals, toxins and abuse of medicine. Niacinamide supplementation is recommended since the level of toxins in our food as well as the use of prescription drugs has risen.
• important factor in renewal of skin, hair and nails
• supports cardiovascular function
• niacin helps to regenerate glutathione and therefore boosts the immune system
• necessary for normal metabolism of fats and energy release from carbohydrates
• is safe to use
- gelatin caps
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 5+ items = -€2
- any three = -€1!
- any five = -€2!
- in stock
- <€30: €3,50+ (NL) - €7,50+ (EU)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
take 1 capsule per day, preerably with food or as directed by a qualified physician
contains per daily serving (1 capsule)
niacin (nicotinic acid, vitamine B3) 100 mg (500% RDI)
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
active ingredient (niacin), fillers (cellulose, magnesium stearate), capsule (bovine gelatin)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
side-effects and contra-indications
Niacin may cause temporary flushing, itching or rash. While this is often a normal reaction in some persons, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional if you experience any discomfort.
If pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult a healthcare professional before use.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)