Jarrow Formulas Arginine + Ornithine are free form amino acids that plays an important role in several important pathways, including the synthesis of proteins, the production of creatine phosphate, needed to produce ATP, and the synthesis of nitric oxide, a secondary messenger involved in blood flow.
While citrulline spares arginine, because it is also a vasodilator, citrulline is basically meant to shuttle away waste products like ammonia after strenuous exercise. Ammonium compounds will then be broken down in the liver by means of the ureum cycle, which results in higher levels of arginine in the blood vessels, due to citrulline taking away fatigue.
However, the real vasodilator remains arginine, before it's being converted into ornithine which once again becomes citrulline.
Arginine has a high affinity for the anabolic receptor, which results in better bonding of androgens to the anabolic receptor. This has a high impact on how well the synthesis of muscle protein occurs.
• reduces muscle fatigue
• increases nitrogen oxide (NO) which leads to vasodilation and results into the famous 'pump'
• a higher NO production also results in higher muscle synthesis as NO also stimulates formation of muscle protein
• can increase male sperm quality
Easy-Solv tablets are designed to disintegrate within several minutes of ingestion.
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 7+ items = -15%
- any 2+ = -2.5%!
- any 3+ = -5%!
- any 4+ = -7.5%!
- any 5+ = -10%!
- any 6+ = -12.5%!
- any 7+ = -15%!
- in stock
- €3,50+ (NL) - €7,50+ (EU) - €17+ (world)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping >€30 (NL) or €5 discount >€30 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
Tips and tricks to keep your house cool without airconditioning
After having survived the hottest two weeks of the past century, and hearing about the deliberate choice to switch of the power in some areas of California as it became impossible to match the demand for electricity, due to the massive use of airconditioning, this week's topic had to be about how to keep your house and yourself cool without needing to rely on energy-guzzling airconditioning.
How to make better food and lifestyle choices
Heart disease: what are the differences between men and women?
Past week there was attention for new documentary called "De slag om het vrouwenhart", made by Hella de Jong, in which she relates about her quest for heart health. She suspected health problems, but wasn't sure why. After having been told her problems were psychosomatic, caused by her parents' traumatic WWII experiences, she wasn't satisfied and kept pushing for more research. Finally she got a massive heart attack while perfoming a stress test in the hospital.
This interview sent me on an immediate flashback to 1985, when my mom felt ill enough to visit the hopital after what was probably a minor heart attack. Her complaints weren't taken very seriously, yet they admitted her to hospital, though without being tied to a heart monitor. It was here she died that same day in the presence of my brother. When listening to Hella's story it seems there hasn't changed much in 35 years.
For a very long time, women were not taken into consideration when research was conducted on heart diseasae. Nor were they taken seriously when they went to their doctors with health complaints. Yet, among women, heart disease has also become the leading cause of death.
Determining heart disease risk in women
Women and men share many heart disease risk factors, but recent studies are showing what previous male-focused studies have not shown: Women also have their own unique heart disease risk factors.
Traditional risk factors common to both women and men:
- high blood pressure
- family history
- metabolic syndrome – the co-existence of high blood pressure, obesity, and high glucose and triglyceride levels
- high levels of C-reactive protein – a sign of inflammatory disease that can occur along with other cardiovascular risk factors
Some risk factors that relate specifically to women or that can affect women disproportionately include:
- relatively high testosterone levels prior to menopause
- increasing hypertension during menopause
- autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis – more common in women than in men
- stress and depression are more common among women
- low risk factor awareness: lack of recognition of many of the above conditions as risk factors for heart disease is a risk factor in itself
Blood flow and vasodilationVasodilation is the process by which the blood vessels in the body relax and widen, allowing for greater blood flow. One of the main triggers of vasodilation is nitric oxide (NO).
Therefore, anything that increases nitric oxide production in the body will also increase vasodilation.
Wat is citrulline?Citrulline dat verkwikkend werkt op de spieren, lichamelijk welbevinden en dus op het prestatievermogen. Citrulline is zowel een precursor voor de essentiële aminozuren arginine en ornithine en daardoor een precursor voor stikstof (NO), wat inwerkt op zowel de geslachtsorganen als op die spieren, waar het helpt bij de afvoer van melkzuur en de spieren gevoeliger maakt voor het spieropbouwende / spierherstellende hormoon testosteron.
take 4 tablets with water or fruit juice 30 minutes before a training or competition.
take 2 tablets on an empty stomach with water or fruit juice
enhanced libido for men and women
take 2-5 tablets with water or fruit juice before intercourse
contains per daily serving (1 tablet)
L-arginine (from L-arginine HCl) 500mg †
L-ornithine (from ornithine HCl) 250mg †
† = Recommended Daily Intake not established
active ingredient (L-arginine, L-ornithine), filler (cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearic acid and magnesium stearate), anticoagulant (silicon dioxide), food-grade coating
store in a cool, dry place
keep out of reach of young children
If you have a medical condition (especially hypotension or herpes), are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications (especially for blood pressure), consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts, tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans